[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Iceberg Slim's vocabulary

Yes, Tosh, I am actually stunned at how good Iceberg Slim's writing is.
It's the kind of writing that at times has made me literally stop and
think, "wow." *Mama Black Widow* started great, lulled, and now it's just
blazing. I love it (I'm half-way done). I'll look in *Pimp* for a
definition of "foreskin" as slang: I saw a copy in a local used bookstore.
I think Holloway House has recently reprinted all his stuff. Thanks,
Michael

Michael D. Sharp                       "And trewely he were a greet fool
msharp@umich.edu                       that wolde kisse the mouth of a
Department of English                  brennynge oven or of a fourneys."
University of Michigan                              --The Parson

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca