[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Iceberg Slim's vocabulary

I have a question about slang.  The following is from Mama Black Widow by
Iceberg Slim: "I jimmied a window at his pad to beat him for any frogskins
I could latch onto and maybe for his table Philco and record player." One
paragraph later: "I cold cocked him with an iron pipe and took the heater,
a grand in foreskin and the dope out of his pockets."

About "frogskins" and "foreskin": Do they both mean "money," or something
more specific? Or something entirely different?

Thanks, Michael

Michael D. Sharp                       "And trewely he were a greet fool
msharp@umich.edu                       that wolde kisse the mouth of a
Department of English                  brennynge oven or of a fourneys."
University of Michigan                              --The Parson

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

Follow-Ups: References:

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]