[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Locale

>are steamy hot, and drive people to unthinkable acts.  Where does that
>Chandler line about the wind coming in and wives eyeing the kitchen
>knife come from?
That famous line is from Chandler's story "Red Wind," by the way.
    Regarding rural hard-boiled settings, I believe Jim Thompson
wrote some; also, there are the swamp or backwoods sagas and fit
the category. The Travis McGee series occasionally takes place in
rural settings, as well. Still, I usually associate hard-boiled
with urban settings, even though it isn't always.
Richard King (rking@vunet.vinu.edu

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca