[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Ellroy at William and Mary

Talk about coincidences....Today I posted a message regarding James Ellroy
and how much I like his writing and this evening I find in the mail the
latest copy of the "William and Mary News" talking about a reading he will
be giving at the College on Thursday, January 23 at 8 p.m.  (William and
Mary is mid-way between Richmond and Norfolk, Va. in the southeastern part
of the state).  He has a new book out about the murder of his mother when
he was 10.

Not only will Ellroy be there, but so will Robert Polito whose biography of
Jim Thompson, "Savage Art," received critical aclaim this year.

You can go to the W&M News web site and read more about it when they post
the articles there.  They still have last issue mounted.  The URL is
www.wm.edu/wmnews/wm_news.html

Since there are at least two ODU folks on the list, maybe we'll run into
other hardboiled fans.

Patrick Golden
Program Services Manager
Williamsburg Regional Library