[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: New List Member/Eugene Izzi?

Happy to join this growing list. I've been a fan of hardboiled writing for
several years. Not sure how my fave authors rank according to your
standards, but I'm a big fan of Jim Thompson, David Goodis, Dashielle
Hammett, Raymond Chandler (just completed the book of his letters), Andrew
Vachss, and Lawrence Block.

During a recent internet search I came up with an article about Eugene Izzi
having hung himself. Vachss mentioned his work as being a favorite of his. I
had never heard of Eugene Izzi...so, natch, I'm curious. Anybody know
anything about him?

Like the owner of this list, I'm hung up on gangster lingo and collect
dictionaries of same. Anyone have anything along those lines they're ready
to let go of, I'd love to hear from you.

Best,

Sandra Hess
shess@sirius.com
who lives on a not so mean street of San Francisco

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca