[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Ronin

The weird thing about the Op (I just finished Red Harvest) is not only
does he get into the middle of the action, he *incites* the damned action,
which puts him at an even weirder and more oblique relation to the Law
than most hardboiled detectives have. It's one thing to lack respect for
institutional law enforcement and to neglect legal codes in pursuit of a
case, quite another to incite violence on a Large Scale in order to
accomplish your mission.

Michael D. Sharp                       "I'm a white male, age 18-49.
msharp@umich.edu                       EVERYONE listens to me, no mat-
Department of English                  ter how dumb my suggestions are."
University of Michigan                                  --Homer J. Simpson

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca