[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Ronin

This query might be one for the FAQ, and may have been discussed before: if
so, feel free to refer me to the archives!

I wondered whether the definition of 'hardboiled' includes some idea of a
solo narrator/hero/protagonist as an essential element. This is the main
Chandler/Hammett model. Somthing like Elmore Leonard's books, then, which
contain many other HB elements, but consist of the inter-related story-lines
of a number of characters, wouldn't actually be HB. What do you think?

David