[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Hey, this doesn't bite!

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997 Writer890@aol.com wrote:

: I'm a writer by profession, currently working in advertising and
: creating web sites as fast as I can. One of them is a list of
: hard-boiled novels located at
: http://members.tripod.com/~writer89/. It needs a lot of work, so
: fire away. I started it last year, but haven't had time to spend on
: research lately.

Hey, nice list!  Coincidentally enough, tonight I finished typing in
"The Hardboiled Era: A Checklist, 1929-1958," from Geoffrey O'Brien's
_Hardboiled America_.  It goes year by year, and you get a good sense
of when authors started, when they churned stuff out (like Jim Thompson
in 1952-53) and how times changed.  I put the list on the new
"Bibliographies" section of the web site, and added a link to you.
Between the two, anyone wanting to look for unfamiliar authors knows
where to go.  (The RARA-AVIS web site, in case you forgot, is at
http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/ - I also added in sections for
authors, with some related links.)

I'll keep an eye open for your books, and I'll see if I can order one
of Michael Cormany's.

Bill
--
William Denton : buff@vex.net     <-- Please note new address.