[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Street & Smith Archives Preservation and Access Project

This may be of interest to some subscribers..AJ

Sender:       Archives & Archivists <ARCHIVES@MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU>
Poster:       Peter Verheyen <pdverhey@DREAMSCAPE.COM>
Subject:      Street & Smith Archives Preservation and Access Project

This message has been cross-posted, and may be duplicated freely.
Please excuse duplicate messages.

Syracuse University Library invites you to visit its Street & Smith
Archives Preservation and Access Project home page, at
http://web.syr.edu/~speccoll/street1.htm .   This site has been
created in conjunction with a two-year, NEH-funded project to
microfilm and catalog nearly 1 million pages of dime novels, serials,
radio scripts, and editorial records from Syracuse University
Library's Street & Smith Archive. Street & Smith was one of the
largest publishers of pulp fiction in the mid-19th to mid-20th
century.   Syracuse University's collection is the only existing
archive of an American pulp fiction publisher.

The web site currently features: text of the original three-year
grant proposal (including lists of novels and serials selected for
filming); lists of radio scripts from such programs as "The Avenger"
and "The Shadow"; the complete inventory of the Street & Smith
editorial records; project staff list; contact information; and
selected images from the collection (including a dime novel cover
art gallery).  In addition, we have created a mailform for others
interested in contributing to this project, particularly in the area
of expanding the number of dime novels which we will be filming.

We plan to update the web site with progress reports as the project
continues.

Please visit, and let us know what you think!