[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Introduction

Hi Peter - glad you are a part of the group.

Would you be able to give me any info on advertising, etc - I am
interested in our online mystery book store being a little more visible
in other parts of the wortld besides the US - thanks much!

Julie Peterson
The Book Shoppe
http://www.icgnet.com/mystery

You wrote:

>Hi
>
>This is a quick introduction to myself (that sounds odd somehow!). My
name is
>Peter Dillon-Parkin and with my wife Crow I'm a co-editor of Crime
Time, an
>English magazine about Crime Fiction. We're sold through newsstand and
>bookshops in the UK and have a print run of 15,000. What a shame we
don't
>sales that big.
>
>We've run interviews with Ellroy, Block, Cornwell and many others as
well as
>a fair number of articles on Pulp Fiction and hard-boild crime
fiction. I'm
>interested in all crime fiction, but have a long time love of
hard-boiled. In
>the day I work as a technical consultant for a software firm. I got
into
>hard-boiled when I bought a Dashiell Hammett omnibus at a Church sale
for a
>penny at the age of ten. I've been addicted ever since.
>
>By the way, folks, the excellent Eddie Duggan did a fine job of
reviewing the
>Hammett and Hellman biog for the last CT. Is it OK if I post it,
Eddie, or
>would you like to? (I'd rather you all bought Crime Time mind...).
>
>Cheers
>
>Peter
>-
># RARA-AVIS:  To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis"
># to majordomo@icomm.ca

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]