RE: RARA-AVIS: Tempted by Trouble by Eric Jerome Dickey

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 22 Sep 2010

    My list of new books that sound terrific by authors I haven't read continues to grow (having just read John Rector's THE COLD KISS)...thanks, Dave. I'll add TEMPTED to my Wish List, along with GAVELSTON by Nic Pizzolatto and AN ORDINARY DECENT CRIMINAL by Michael Van Rooy.

    On a related note, THE BLACK LIZARD BIG BOOK OF BLACK MASK STORIES is now on the shelves, all 1136 pages of pulpish goodness, as is THE BEST AMERICAN NOIR OF THE CENTURY, ed. by Penzler and Ellroy. The former is a must-buy for me, the latter...well, it'll probably have to wait a while.

    Ron C.

    Knight, at one
    > time a white collar professional before being reduced to blue collar
    factory worker,
    > finds himself out of work, and is pushed into robbing banks by his wife.
    When his
    > wife leaves him, the bank robberies continue with one going horribly wrong
    before
    > leading up to the big score. The writing reminds me of a mix of early
    Lawrence
    > Block and recent Walter Mosley, and is also somewhat reminiscent of
    Reservoir