RE: RARA-AVIS: Bold Statements Challenged

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 06 Sep 2010

    I love(d) Eisner's The Spirit as well and was excited about the film. Needless to say, after seeing the trailer (and reading reviews) I was more than disappointed on a number of levels, not the least of which Patrick mentions below. Still haven't seen it, and have no plans to ever do so.

    Ron C.

    Marlowe
    > in it but now would for Miller's purposes.  That movie probably would have
    > turned out as some sort of over-the-top 'Sin City' Mickey Spillane rather
    than
    > Marlowe.  Subtle Miller ain't.
    > As for 'Gone with the Wind' being better known nowadays than 'The Big
    Sleep',