Re: Motel Noir (was RE: (To Joy) RE: RARA-AVIS: John Rector's THE COLD KISS...)

From: grbc74 (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 04 Sep 2010

    The best novel I've read so far this year could actually qualify as a motel noir. It's Galveston by Nic Pizzolatto and it got a glowing review by Dennis Lehane in the New York Times. Pizzolatto is definitely a writer to watch. He reminded me of Denis Johnson. The novel deals with a strong-arm from New Orleans who ends up hiding in a Galveston motel after his boss sets him up to get killed. I hadn't found an author this exciting since I first read Scott Wolven and Richard Lange.

    -Gonzalo.