Re: RARA-AVIS: John Rector's THE COLD KISS...

From: Joy (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 03 Sep 2010

      I compared it with Sean Doolittle's Cleanup, actually. The voice, the predicament, a sorta femme fatale involved---a guy who's had some problems and is trying to do all the right things in a mundane way and then, a baby-step at a time, despite all his good intentions, the situation just unravels.
         I liked them both a lot. Joy PS, Ron: I recently read a book situated in a deteriorating motel in Florida with a protagonist who's a San Francisco ex-cop passing through town. It's an old book, circa 1950s; if this seems to fit your specialty, remind me, and I'll look it up.