RARA-AVIS: John Rector's THE COLD KISS...

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 03 Sep 2010

    Getting ready to place an Amazon order for Dave's CARETAKER OF LORNE FIELD
    (since my local Borders decided not to stock it.grumble, grumble), and thought I'd throw in a few other books.

    One I'm considering is John Rector's THE COLD KISS. It's had comparisons to John Ridley, John Crumley, Jim Thompson (THE GETAWAY), Scott Smith (A SIMPLE PLAN), and Ed Gorman. And since it takes place in a rundown motel -- and I can never get enough Motel Noir T -- I'm thinking this is a must-have.

    Has anyone here read it? Thoughts?

    Ron C.