RARA-AVIS: Re: Slayground

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 31 Aug 2010

    When I signed a film deal for Outsourced it ended up causing me problems that I had several characters in Outsourced who also appeared in Bad Thoughts and Bad Karma. Fortunately the book hadn't been published yet so I could change the character names, otherwise it would've been a mess. And my film agent read me the riot act about using the same characters between books.

    I always enjoyed it when I was reading a Jim Thompson novel and characters from other books would show, but you just can't do it if you expect to sell film rights.

    --Dave