RARA-AVIS: Re: Walter Erricson

From: Dick Lochte (dlochte@gmail.com)
Date: 30 Aug 2010

    Harry wrote: By the way, Eriscon is indeed Howard Fast. THE DARKNESS WITHIN (aka FALLEN ANGEL) was apparently also published under the title MIRAGE and authorship of Howard Fast. That's all I know, so if anyone else can add anything I would greatly appreciate it!

    ---------------------------------------------------------- Don't know much more than that about the novel, but it was used as a basis for a very underrated mid-1960s thriller with Gregory Peck. Black and white, Script credited to Peter Stone and Fast. Walter Matthau plays a very interesting private eye. I've been trying to get a look at the film again, to see if it's really as good as I remember. But there's no DVD that I can find and Amazon wants a fortune for the VHS.