Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Moratorium on serial murderer mysteries?

From: Larry Chavis (lwchavis@bellsouth.net)
Date: 19 Aug 2010

      It is. It seems more reasonable that the inner-demon-directed psychotic would be more terrifying. But they always seem to be more mythological, modern Grendels, and thus at some remove.

    The killer in THE AX was the guy at the office water cooler.

    IMHO, anyway.

    Larry Chavis

    On 8/19/2010 7:34 PM, jacquesdebierue wrote:

    > --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com
    > <mailto:rara-avis-l%40yahoogroups.com>, Larry Chavis <lwchavis@...> wrote:
    > >
    > > I haven't read BLACKBURN, but I agree with you on THE AX. This was one
    > > of the most frightening killers I've run across, precisely because he
    > > wasn't the stereotypical I-kill-because-my-momma-didn't-love-me
    > types. A
    > > truly chilling book.
    > >

    > Isn't it strange that we find it more chilling when one of these
    > horrible murderers kills for a reason as opposed to following
    > fantasies or obeying some impulse from deep within his warped psyche?
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > mrt

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional