Re: RARA-AVIS: Moratorium on serial murderer mysteries?

From: Pat Brown (pat.mysterywriter@gmail.com)
Date: 16 Aug 2010

    I tend to agree. Just how many twisted minds can we write or read about? They're abused as children, so they become abusers. I cut back on watching Criminal Minds because they have to keep upping how horrific nature of the crimes their killers commit. It gets tedious after a while. The first L.A. book I wrote had a serial killer, but that was the last one.

    These days you would have to write an outstanding serial killer book to make me want to read it. I especially detest the ones that get deep into the mind of the killer. Because, again, they have to be overboard to make them stand out.

    Pat Brown

    http://www.pabrown.com The vacation from hell -- Forest of Corpses

    On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM, jacquesdebierue <jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com