RARA-AVIS: Re: Trying to remember a book I read

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Aug 2010

    Jordan,

    Re your comment below:

    "I read a book a couple of years ago - starts off with a (British) policeman/hit man driving around the back of a parking lot to meet his (hitman) comrades. That is as much as I can remember, and it bugs me... I think this may be from a police procedural recommended to me by Jim Doherty, but can't be sure."

    I can think of at least two books off the top of my head featuring a professional hit man who's also a cop, but neither of them are British.

    That said, it's possible that I may have recommended the writer of the novel you're trying to recall, but am personally unfamiliar with that particular book. If it's the writer I'm thinking of, he was very prolific (well over a hundred books), and a lot of his stuff never got published on this side of the Pond.

    Could it have been something by John Wainwright?

    JIM DOHERTY