Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Lovecraftian mystery recommendations?

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Aug 2010

    This thread has been on-going for a while, and if either of these has been mentioned before, my apologies, but it occurs to me that several of Conan/King Kull/Solomon Kane creator Robert E. Howard's short stories are set in sync with the Lovecraft mythos. Titles such as "The Black Stone,"
    "The Cairn on the Headland," "The Children of the Night," "Kings of the Night," and the ultimate conquered peoples' revenge fantasy: "Worms of the Earth" are all either set in the Lovecraft universe, or make allusions to nameless elder gods and the lost races that once worshiped them.

    Then there is British horror writer China Mieville's new book KRAKEN. I've only just started it, but am really enjoying it (rare for me when it comes to horror). It owes a clear and unambiguous debt to Lovecraft's work. If that's your cup of tea, check it out. Mieville is a talented writer.

    All the Best-

    Brian

    On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Marsha Valance <tributefarm@athenet.net>wrote:

    > Haven't seen any mention of Paul Malmont's The Chinatown death cloud
    > peril. New York : Simon & Schuster, c2006. Walter Gibson, Lester Dent,
    > L. Ron Hubband & Robert A. Heinlein solve a horrific dockland mystery
    > on the way to Lovecraft's funeral.
    >
    > Marsha Valance

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional