RARA-AVIS: Re: Language is . . .

From: davidcorbett622 (davidcorbettauthor@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Aug 2010

    Kerry, may I commend an outstanding riff:

    "The great textspeak novel will be written in textspeak, reflecting the interests, fantasies and "realities" of people who live in that language. It may already be in the works on facebook, or twitter, or in the archives of the secret agencies where they record cell phone communications to ferret out deviations from the accepted definitions of noir. May they never get back to you."

    Well, if that agency ever does get back to me, I have little doubt I'll lack any clue what they're going on about -- and that's a blessing, as my evangelical brother would say.

    David Corbett www.davidcorbett.com