Re: RARA-AVIS: Where have you gone Rara-Avis (Brewer)

From: tomarmstrongmusic (tom@tomarmstrongmusic.com)
Date: 13 Jul 2010

    yeah I liked "wounded & slain" too, and don't really get all the hate for it. it's maybe too obviously Freudian, with the wife character having to relive her trauma to overcome it. but I enjoyed that book and was very glad that Hard Case made it available again.

    I remember not really digging "cassidy's girl" so much. wasn't that the one where the guy crashed the bus...twice? it just seemed silly. but a lot of Goodis is silly if you want to look at it that way. he still has that weird power.

    and his last book "somebody's done for" is decent. not "street of no return" awesome, but still pretty good.

    Tom Armstrong