RARA-AVIS: Re: Where have you gone Rara-Avis? (Food for Thought)

From: Roy (chiun9@aol.com)
Date: 12 Jul 2010

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Burton Smith
    > This may not be the golden age of hard-boiled TV, but with stuff like JUSTIFIED, IN PLAIN SIGHT, BURN NOTICE, LEVERAGE and LIE TO ME around, none of which are as good as they could be but all of which have their moments, THE GLADES hits about as hard as a Brady Bunch rerun.
    >

    > Kevin Burton Smith
    > Alleged Editor/Founder of the Possibly Imaginary
    > Thrilling Detective Web Site
    > "Wasting your time on the web since 1998."

    I've been enjoying BURN NOTICE and LEVERAGE lately. Like you say, not perfect or super-hardboiled, but they do have their moments of grit and are both fun time-wasters. Tim Hutton's character in LEVERAGE bears some relation to Matt Scudder and other similar hard-boiled types. IN PLAIN SIGHT & LIE TO ME I've never watched. Maybe I should give them a try.