RARA-AVIS: Westlake's Memory

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Apr 2010

    I've just started Westlake's Memory, just out from Hard Case Crime. It is labeled his "final, never-before-published novel." However, it quickly becomes clear that this is, at a minimum, set in the past. I'm guessing early '60s by the prices cited. And this leads me to speculate that it is actually an older unpublished book by Westlake, not a recent one. Not that that's a problem. I love Westlake's early '60s books. I'm just curious. Anyone know when it was actually written? Charles? And if it's old, why hadn't it been published before. Mark