Re: RARA-AVIS: Manchette's 3 TO KILL adapted to comics

From: Stewart Wilson (stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 11 Apr 2010

    I thought the book was one of the best comics I've read in a long time, but the translation was worse than terrible. As a French reader, it was easy to see where the translator had erred, because I could transliterate the English back into French and understand what was supposed to be the text. I lent out my copy so I can't check it right now to provide examples, but I remember more than one idiomatic expression being translated literally, for instance. If you read it in English and have doubts about the writing, don't blame Tardi. I've since bought some other Tardi stuff, but only in French.
    --Stewart

    --
    Stewart Wilson
    Toronto, ON