RARA-AVIS: Richard Helms' new novel SIX MILE CREEK now available!

From: writerrickhelms@aol.com
Date: 06 Apr 2010

    Just wanted everyone to know that the first novel in my new Judd Wheeler series, SIX MILE CREEK, is now available from Five Star Mysteries. The official pub date was March 17, but the sales date for Amazon, B&N, etc is April 7.
      Booklist says, "Helms, a Shamus Award nominee and a two-time Derringer Award winner, has created an engrossing and timely story that will appeal to a wide range of readers."
      Kirkus Reviews calls SIX MILE CREEK, "...Tightly plotted and refreshingly fast-paced. Veteran Helms (CORDITE WINE, 2005, etc.) introduces a likable protagonist in a promising new series…”
      Harriet Klausner says, "Six Mile Creek is a superb whodunit..."
      McClatchie Newspapers (Salem Macknee) says, "Richard Helms...has captured some all-too-familiar local snapshots: farms becoming red-clay subdivisions; immigrants carving out a new life in jobs others won't touch; small-town politics that sometimes have their origins in grade school."

    For those of you who have enjoyed my Pat Gallegher and Eamon Gold novels in the past, and have been waiting for my breakout novel, THIS IS IT. A new protagonist in a small town police procedural series that evokes images of Mayberry gone very, very wrong. Fans of JUSTIFIED will find similarities between Raylan Givens and my own Judd Wheeler.
      To sweeten the pot, Amazon has SIX MILE CREEK priced at a 20% discount for a limited time. In addition, Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine will be running a Pat Gallegher/Judd Wheeler crossover story entitled THE GODS FOR VENGEANCE CRY in a couple of months. Hope you'll keep an eye peeled for it!
      Thanks again for your patience with my BSP! I sincerely hope that you'll enjoy SIX MILE CREEK. R

    Richard Helms SIX MILE CREEK, Available NOW from Five Star Mysteries http://www.richardhelms.net