Re: RARA-AVIS: E-Publication and "Never Going Out of Print"

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Mar 2010

    Nope. I don't see anything wrong with releasing through Kindle, unless you restrict yourself to Kindle. Gotta go the whole hog these days I figure, because once again, nothing is as it seems.

    The problem with "going whole hog" as you so colorfully put it, is the expense of printing paper copies. As I said, I get offers from small presses on nearly a daily basis, offering to print my book. The issue is, the amount they charge me per copy is about the price I'd want to sell it to the public for. I suppose I can distribute the paper copies on Amazon, too, but the profit margin in paper is not so good. My concern is how long it may take to sell off the entire run at a break-even price. I want to be a writer, not a distributor.

    Patrick King