RE: RARA-AVIS: E-Publication and "Never Going Out of Print"

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 18 Mar 2010

    > --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "gsp.schoo@..." <gsp.schoo@...> wrote:
    > >
    > > Nope. I don't see anything wrong with releasing through Kindle, unless
    you
    > restrict yourself to Kindle. Gotta go the whole hog these days I figure,
    because
    > once again, nothing is as it seems.
    > >

    > How could there be anything wrong in releasing a text in _any_ format? Put
    it out
    > there, whatever happens, happens...
    >
    > Best,
    >
    > mrt

    I don't believe he said "any format"...rather, he said "...restrict yourself to Kindle" -- the keyword being restrict. Any restriction of distribution is going to restrict the type and number of readers one has. If one's trying to make a dollar or two, that type of restriction is going to be problematic for that goal since the number of Kindle readers (e-readers, period) is still a small segment of the reading/book-buying public.

    I assume that's what he meant.

    Ron C.