Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: James Hadley Chase

From: greg shepard (griffinskye3@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 14 Mar 2010

    Tom:
      The conversation seems to have veered off Chase and on to Dewey, but if you're still interested, the following books all have clever plots and breakneck paces and are great fun to read:
      There's Always a Price Tag Tell it to the Birds (reminiscent of Postman Always Rings Twice) You Must be Kidding Mallory (post WWII thriller a la Third Man) Come Easy (lots of twists & turns in this one) Shock Treatment (another Postman/Body Heat story) Strictly for Cash (great ending) In a Vain Shadow (unlikeable narrator in a compelling story) The Wary Transgressor But a Short Time to Live Better Than Money
      I went on a James Hadley Chase binge about a year ago and kept records this time of my favorites. Good luck.
      Greg