RARA-AVIS: Re: Noir for the classroom

From: Frederick Zackel (fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 12 Mar 2010

    Oh geez Kevin!

    Frederick Zackel wrote:

    > I'm gradiing sixty essays right now. I'll donate this assignment to
    > rara-avis. (How would you do?)...
    >
    > This essay is due Monday, March 1, 2010.

    Is this legit, Fred?

    Because every few months or so, I get asked a lot of these questions. Sometimes actually cut-and-pasted word for word from some teacher's directions.

    Have you been handing out this assignment for a while? Because some of those questions seem awfully familiar.

    Ha-HA!!! Yes, I use these same directions in my California Literature class, and I have four or five times a year for ... maybe five years.

    You're the Expert they must be going to.

    Aw, geez, my friend, I am so sorry if they've been hounding you.

    But The Thrilling Detective Web Site is universally renown and beloved.

    Ha-HA!!!