RARA-AVIS: Re: Small Crimes

From: Peter Enfantino (penfantino@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Mar 2010

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "davezeltserman" <Dave.Zeltserman@...> wrote:

    > there are exceptions, Westlake/Stark, Elmore Leonard, Lawrence Block, Ed Gorman, for example...

    I completely agree with you about the four authors mentioned. I've read every Stark novel, several of Leonard's and Block's, and Gorman is a treasure. His western novels are every bit as gritty and nasty as his crime books. I'd also add John Connolly (although he can lose me at times and his books have become a little too much like those of Michael Marshall Smith's "Straw Men" novels), Jack O'Connell, and David Peace.