RE: mucho gracias Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: the getaway/jim thompson

From: sonny (sforstater@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Feb 2010

    thanks. especially as i haven't read goodis or williams, for instance.

    From: Ron Clinton <clinton65@comcast.net> Subject: RE: mucho gracias Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: the getaway/jim thompson To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 2:02 PM

    Well, let's not lead Sonny down a rocky road...I'd argue that, in fact,
    *not* "all of his books are worth reading."  Books like CHILD OF RAGE and KING BLOOD are to be avoided, and I might mention a few more that I found sub-standard, both comparatively and relatively, but I don't want to start a debate on specific titles since tastes vary.  But certainly CHILD and BLOOD are proof that not everything that flowed from his pen are worth reading. Life's too short for bad books.

    Ron C.