Re: RARA-AVIS: dead city/shane stevens

From: Sean Shapiro (ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Feb 2010

    No idea what happened to Mr Stevens. But I can recommend 'By Reason of Insanity'. An epic serial killer novel that mixes fact and fiction rather effectively in a way that reminded me a little of Dos Pasos (minus the modernist pyrotechnics). A gripping read that lingers long after you've finished. Sort of gets under your skin and makes you wonder about ... stuff. Haven't read anything else of his yet.

    Sean Shapiro

    ________________________________ From: sonny <sforstater@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thu, February 4, 2010 4:30:21 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: dead city/shane stevens

      finally read this and as has been written here, it's damn good. now i'm wondering about his other books (do you recommend any of them?) as well as what ever happened to him.