Re: RARA-AVIS: They won't have Parker to kick around anymore...

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2010

    what I got from Willeford's book was an artist who was angry at the idea of having to compromise for commercial success. But I don't think I ever thought of him as you did, John.

    Part of the reason Jim Thompson's books unnerved me as much as they did was I had the idea that this was a guy who really was close to his characters.

    ---Dave