Re: Spenser rec's (was: RARA-AVIS: They won't have Parker to kick ar

From: phred deVecca (frogprod@rcn.com)
Date: 21 Jan 2010

    <JIM WROTE - While I heartily agree with your main point, that Parker revived a mostly moribund mystery sub-genre, Pronzini's "Nameless" predates Spenser by several years

    I think the point (or "A" point) was though that Spenser was the one to bring this revival to a big, new audience... in my own case, it was the Spenser books that first made me aware of a "modern" take on the traditional PI and made me seek out and find the others, including Pronzini