Re: RARA-AVIS: They won't have Parker to kick around anymore...

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Jan 2010

    Anyway, let's not roast Parker over the coals for bragging... What would we do with Ellroy, then?

    Well, Ellroy's A LOT scarier than Parker or pretty much anyone else. When he starts bragging, I'm not always sure he's wrong. I'm reading KILLER ON THE ROAD right now, and Ellroy knows way too many details that ring much too true, about how violent criminals think and act. After reading James Ellroy's work, I conclude that MY DARK PLACES doesn't scratch the surface of his dark places.

    Patrick King