Re: RARA-AVIS: Franklin Sander's Whip Hand on eBay

From: Joy Matkowski (jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 13 Jan 2010

    I don't know about this particular case, but traffic and page views are down on eBay, and prices seem to be down, too.
        I sold a book for $15 on Amazon that I had already sold there (which happens on Amazon; its software is glitchy, and its volume is high) and looked all over for the same book in the same condition or better; it had to contain a 45 record, and no books listed in the usual places stated having it, whatever the price of the copy. I was willing to pay
    $20 or $25 to satisfy the customer and avoid the wrath of Amazon. Eventually, I found the book, with the record, on an active eBay auction with no bids and a Buy It Now price of $2.95, and I had it dropshipped.
        There seem to be arbitrage opportunities on eBay these days, if only I didn't need my day job to pay the mortgage. Did you check other book sales venues, Jeff, to see the going prices? Joy