RARA-AVIS: Franklin Sander's Whip Hand on eBay

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 13 Jan 2010

    I just picked up an original Gold Medal copy of Whip Hand in excellent condition on eBay for $2.25. Starting bid was 75 cents. My question is why all of a sudden can I get it so cheap? Was there a newly-discovered cache of mint-condition copies found, thereby driving the price down? Was the market for all extant copies so small, that everybody who wanted a copy has managed to procure one? Did the existence of the Black Mask PoD/Kindle version and Deliver Me from Dallas help satisfy the demand for this book?

    Jeff