RARA-AVIS: Re: Ed McBain

From: logan keith (keith) (keith@globetrotter.net)
Date: 05 Jan 2010

    I've never really read McBain, maybe a book or two many many years ago. But last week I picked up LEARNING TO KILL, a collection of his early works. This comes almost exactly a year after loving Lawrence Block's ONE NIGHT STANDS & LOST WEEKENDS, a collection of his early works. I am hoping for a comparable experience.

    Technically the stories may not be very good, but I am eager to see how his chops develop over the course of the collection. Sort of an anthropological look at crime fiction!

    Best, Keith Logan