Re: RARA-AVIS: Thoughts on QUARRY?

From: Jeff Vorzimmer (jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 31 Oct 2009

    Mark,

    I'm not a big admirer of MAC, but I think the Quarry novels are his best.

    Jeff

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark D. Nevins" <nevins_mark@yahoo.com> To: "RARA-AVIS" <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 4:43 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Thoughts on QUARRY?

    The newest Hard Case book, which I received this week via subscription, is Max Allan Collins' QUARRY IN THE MIDDLE. I have yet to read a Quarry story (though I now have 3 from Hard Case), and don't recall much discussion of the series here on R-A in the last few years (but I will re-check the Archives).

    Anyone have any quick thoughts or opinions? It appears that the publication order does not at all track "chronological" order of the series' events; I'm usually a sticker for reading series in publication order, is there a benefit to doing so in this case?

    Thanks, Mark Nevins