RARA-AVIS: Hacks all over the world

From: Juri Nummelin (juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 26 Oct 2009

    I think almost every country of the world has produced its own literature that's set in the US, despite there are bound to be lots of mistakes. You should be proud of that! German and Finland had Jerry Cotton, the FBI agent, for example, and Dale Bogard's (I think his real name was Paul Enefer) novel is just one example, and perhaps not even the worst amidst all the other stuff British hacks wrote throughout the 20st century.

    Maybe Americans should stop writing about other countries? How many writers who wrote books about Africa have been there? Maybe we should stop writing science fiction - you know, not that many has been in space. And what about fantasy?

    Juri