RARA-AVIS: Noir City DC

From: grbc74 (gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 25 Oct 2009

    And if you are in the DC area, you can also check out the Noir City DC series of films that the American Film Institute is currently showing:

    http://www.afi.com/silver/new/nowplaying/2009/v6i5/noir09.aspx

    It's a terrific lineup. Earlier today I saw two very entertaining noirs, neither of which I'd heard of before: Alias Nick Beal (1949, screenplay by Jonathan Latimer) and Wicked as They Come (1956). Next weekend's lineup includes Night Editor and The Killers, among others.

    -GB.