RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: John D.

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 19 Oct 2009

    I can't help thinking of Hiaasen here. I burned out on him some time ago, but in those five or six books of his I did read, he seemed quite effective at pushing his anti-development, particularly anti-Disney message without resorting to lecturing. That said, I'm with James. McGee's lectures never really bothered me. I read the McGee books when I was in college and loved them, passed them on to my roommate and girlfriend and they both loved them. We even stopped by to see McGee's slip on a spring break trip to Florida. I've never reread any of them, though (unless you count the two Mark