Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Jim Carroll and non fiction writing

From: Stewart Wilson (stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 10 Oct 2009

    Bill was firm, and the focus was explicit.

    " Movies are best discussed in relation to the written word: adaptations or screenplays by hardboiled/noir writers are all right, but film noir in general is better discussed in other mailing lists or newsgroups. RARA-AVIS is based on the written word. Everything on the list should be about hardboiled or noir writing, or directly related to it. That won't make a shortage of topics of conversation.

    "
    ( http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/intro.txt )

    But, as Ron says, the point is moot because it is not longer enforced.
     I find it sad that I have to guess which posts to read. There was a time when I read every post. Now I doubt I hit 10%.

    Cheers,
    --Stewart