RARA-AVIS: Re: Jim Carroll and non fiction writing

From: ejmd__ (ejmd__@ntlworld.com)
Date: 10 Oct 2009

    "sonny" sforstater@yahoo.com wrote:

    > originally i was under the impression
    > that this group was not about movies,
    > but obviously that was incorrect.

    I've been here since it started and I don't recall film or television ever being proscribed topics. I think the original aim was to primarily to discuss literature but, as visual texts are also written, I think the interpretation has always been toward the broader sense of "text".

    I also remember when there was some moderation and gentle off-list reminders were sent to those who, in their eagerness to post a thought or a response, neglected to cut or trim the post to which they were responding.

    ED