Re: RARA-AVIS: TV PI revival?

From: Michael Jeter (michael.damian.jeter@gmail.com)
Date: 31 Jul 2009

    Let me add to the current shows similar to PIs: Leverage

    Concerning the fantastic Burn Notice, possibly the best show on TV right now:

    A few weeks ago, they did an episode which suggested that a writer had read Paul Auster´ś City of Glass(Any COG readers out there?)

    The main character, Michael Westin, worked for a client, Spenser, played by an actor named Michael Weston. Spenser spoke in a sort of ¨Rain Man¨ cadence and saw patterns in many things which seemed coincidental.

    On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Mark Sullivan <DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net>wrote:

    > From yesterday's www.medialifemagazine.com:
    > Donal Logue has been cast to star in FX’s “Terriers,” a comedy pilot from
    > the creator of “The Shield.” Logue will play a former police officer who
    > starts a P.I. business with his best friend.
    >
    > Between this and the Rockford remake, apparently we're going through one of
    > TV's periodic attempts to revive the PI show. Not that there aren't PI
    > shows on, just aren't usually labeled as such: the civilian investigators
    > in Monk and Psych (and Mentalist, for that matter) are so closely tied to
    > the cops they seldom if ever take independent cases. Far closer to
    > traditional PI stories, and Rockford, in its way, is Burn Notice, where the
    > trio uses con jobs and capers to save their clients.
    > Mark

    Michael Damian Jeter
    New Orleans, LA
    Literacy, Music, and Democracy