RARA-AVIS: Journals for the hard-boiled reader

From: prosperena (prosperena@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Jul 2009

    A fun accessory/gift for readers of hard-boiled fiction is Potter Style's 3 journals with cover reproductions of the original dust jackets of classics by Chandler, Hammett, and Cain. Apparently these have been available for about a year but I just spotted them in The Mystery Bookstore in Westwood (L.A.), CA: www.mystery-bookstore.com/blog/

    I bought the Falcon journal; the design of the endpapers kind of reminds me of the one on the original dust jacket for "Red Harvest."

    I plan to use it to transcribe some of my reading notes plus "books to read" so they will be in one easy-to-locate place.

    amazon.com sells them, too. Search on "journals" in the Keyword box + one of the book's title words in the Title box.

    The Big Sleep = ISBN-13: 978-0307383280 The Maltese Falcon = ISBN-13: 978-0307409324 The Postman Always Rings Twice = ISBN-13: 978-0307408297

    Kari