RARA-AVIS: Re: "Young Adult" Noir?

From: annvon78 (annvon78@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jul 2009

    > --I never liked Hinton, thought she wrote poorly. She was a kid, but that didn't make the prose any easier to take.

    Then this a good forum for differences of opinion! Hinton was only 16, but I felt she told a great story about that group of high school "greasers" in mid-1960s Oklahoma. Also, in teacher-talk, the novel's a good example of "circular text" (beginnings and endings that match), how she wrote to that ending surprised and pleased me.