Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Boys & Reading

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 29 Jul 2009

    I read every single one of Burroughs' books that I could lay hands on. His story from the perspective of the Roman emperor Caligula's personal body slave (I AM A BARBARIAN) is actually pretty hard-boiled. Might have been his best book. I also devoured Robert E. Howard's work, Hammett, Chandler, etc., and Dumas' stuff as well.

    Brian